So, who here has a cast iron addiction? Raise your skillets..err…hands…
I know I do! So, when I had the opportunity to try out these skillets from Crucible Cookware(retail $34.97, Amazon), I jumped on it! There are a lot of great benefits to owning and using cast iron, and I will list some for you:
- Increased iron intake
- Naturally nonstick
- Versatile- can use for baking or frying
- Easy to clean, using only hot water
- Can be used with any heat source, including an open fire
- Will last forever if properly cared for
These skillets from Crucible come pre-seasoned, meaning that they *should* be non stick already. However, I know my luck. This means that for me, I seasoned them again. It’s just what I do. Let’s take a look at the unboxing, so that you have an idea of what you are getting with these:
What you get is:
- Set of 4 Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillets including one Large and one Mini Silicone Hot Handle Holder.
- Skillet sizes included in the set: 10 Inch / 25 cm, 7.9 Inch / 20 cm, 6.1 Inch / 15.5 cm, 5.1 Inch / 13 cm
- Skillets used to sear, sauté, bake, braise, broil, fry
- Silicone Hot Handle Holders protect your hands from -104 ºF to 464 ºF (-40°C to 240°C). Size: 5-5/8 Inch by 2 Inch (Large), 4.31 Inch by 1.63 Inch (MINI). Dishwasher safe
- FREE Bonus cast iron cookbook (e-book)
For the price point on this set, that is a fantastic deal! I mean, come on, where else can you find one skillet for that price, let alone an entire set? I’m telling you, that tiny skillet is probably the cutest skillet I’ve ever seen in my life! I seriously cannot get over the cuteness! There are a lot of things you can do with these skillets. I’m not sure what you have done in the past, but I do all kinds of cooking with mine. I fry in them, and I bake. You can literally go from frying eggs, to baking cakes or bread. I make a fabulous molasses cake for my father-in-law in my cast iron. The possibilities are endless! So go check them out!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
"Time spent with cats is never wasted." ~ Sigmund Freud