Loud and Proud is an inspirational collection of speeches from the LGBTQ+ community and its allies that have changed our world, and the conversation.A sister volume to So Here I Am: Speeches by Great Women to Empower and Inspire, Loud and Proud places the voices of the vibrant LGBTQ+ community centre stage in the first-ever anthology of LGBTQ+ speeches. From equal marriage to the AIDS crisis, bullying to parenthood, the first 19th century campaigns through to the new trans rights allyship, the issues covered in these speeches touch on all aspects of LGBTQ+ and reflect the diverse and multi-faceted nature of this community.
- Pour through a pioneering collection of talks, declarations and lectures, from people whose voices have too often been marginalised and the allies that support them;
- Find over 40 empowering and influential speeches that chart the history of the LGBTQ+ movement up to the present day;
- Each speech is presented with a striking photographic portrait and an insightful introduction, offering essential context, fresh insights and a nuanced understanding that brings each character and their words to life.
- A ribbon keeps your place in the book.
We are stronger when we stand together, and this collection from award-winning activist Tea Uglow encourages us to do just that whilst celebrating the beauty of our differences.
This simple, yet satisfying, card game makes a little math go a long way. Players take turns adding cards to the stack, increasing the total as they play. Every time they double down (make a total of 11, 22, 33, etc.) or go over 99 they lose a chip. Action cards double the fun, switching the direction of play or forcing other players to play an extra card. As the total rises so does the tension, until the last player holding a chip wins the game.
- 55 Cards
- 24 Chips
- Easy-to-learn rules, but plenty of strategy
- For up to 8 players, but great even with only two
- Terriﬁc for adults; reinforces basic math for kids
Can you build the most magnificent menagerie of monsters the realm has ever seen? Explore magical lands brimming with exotic beasts, and try to capture the most impressive specimens to win the top award for your carnival. But the monsters are not peaceful, so you will need to hire hunters to keep them from escaping before you can put them on display for your adoring public . . . and achieve your secret goals. This masterful card-collecting and set-building game from the inventor of Magic: The Gathering is loaded with beautifully-illustrated cards and brimming with strategy, all packed into a 45-minute play time.
- From Richard Garfield, the inventor of Magic: The Gathering
- A deck-building and set-collecting game with a unique and devious storyline
- Featuring luscious custom artwork from famous gaming illustrators.
- 82 Land Cards
- 78 Monster Cards
- 13 Staff Member Cards
- 7 Season Cards
- 21 Event Cards
- 21 Secret Goal Cards
- 17 Loan Cards
- 60 Gold Coin Tokens
- 15 Hunter Tokens
- 3 Royal Hunter Dice
- 5 Player Boards
- 1 Main Board
- Illustrated Instructions
"Time spent with cats is never wasted." ~ Sigmund Freud